More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Reports to: Director of Volunteer Services and Integrative Therapies
Starting Rate: $25/hour
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Massage Therapist who shares this vision.
- Provides massage therapy services to patients in accordance with physician’s orders and the interdisciplinary group (IDG) plan of care, with a focus on a hospice and palliative care approach.
- Communicates with the IDG regarding the patient’s condition/status and progress toward goals.
- Participates in IDG meetings as requested.
- Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case assignments.
- Documents in electronic medical record (training provided).
- Provides in-services and/or education to the hospice IDG as appropriate.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
What You Bring
- Graduate from a credentialed massage therapy school required
- Licensed in the State of Michigan as a Licensed Massage Therapist
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical massage therapy experience required
- Minimum of 1 year experience in massage therapy in a health care setting preferred
- Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements