More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Care Center RN, Nights
Full Time, 7 p.m.-7 a.m.
(Every other weekend required)
Department: Care Center
Reports to: Care Center Clinical Manager
Starting Rate: $32.01/hour, $5 shift diff rate
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for Care Center Nurses who shares this vision.
What Makes This Job Unique:
Being a night nurse at Angela Hospice has you working in an intimate setting in our on-site Care Center. And while it can be busy, it’s often quieter than during the day, allowing you to form connections with your patients one-on-one. The structure of this job allows you to leave work at work too, without the need to continue working after your shift has ended.
- Administer and document medications/treatments as ordered by the physician.
- Demonstrate your skills and knowledge of nursing as you provide continuity of care.
- Complete comprehensive assessments for your patients, displaying compassion and respect in accordance with Angela Hospice’s Felician core values.
- Document assessments, care plans, and care provided, according to policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance, education, and leadership to LPNs, nursing assistants, and volunteers.
- Report changes in patient condition to responsible team members and complete follow up actions as necessary.
- Provide education for patients and their families regarding medications, treatments and procedures, disease processes, self-care techniques, end-of-life, and processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern.
- Work as a team on Care Center wings for patient assignments.
What You Bring
- Minimum 1 year experience as Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan
- Current Michigan License
- Hospice experience preferred