More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Care Center Clinical Manager
Full Time: Monday-Friday, 3-11:30 p.m., weekends as needed
Department: Care Center
Reports to: Director of Inpatient Services
Starting Rate: $84,000 annually
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Care Center Clinical Manager who shares this vision.
- Supervises all Care Center direct patient/family care team members, including nurses and aides, and collaborates with all interdisciplinary team members that support Care Center patients/families.
- Works in close collaboration with the Director of Inpatient Services to establish, implement, and evaluate goals and objectives for the Care Center.
- Serves as a facilitator of patient services, and administrative and clinical support services, in collaboration with the Director of Inpatient Services and Director of Clinical Services.
- Serves as the contact person for patients and families, ensuring that patient needs are being met and that the family is receiving appropriate support.
- Responds to concerns and assures all concerns are handled in accordance with company policy.
- Participates in orientation and ongoing education of team members in collaboration with the Director of Education as required.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives in collaboration with the Director of Quality Outcomes.
- Monitors equipment use/need, orders equipment or scheduled equipment pick-ups as needed.
- Conducts scheduled performance evaluations.
- Follows policies in conjunction with the Director of Inpatient Services.
- Assists in the interviewing process of new employees and makes recommendations for employment of individuals.
- Approves all schedules, making adjustments as needed to provide adequate staffing for the Care Center.
- Coordinates and conducts all Care Center meetings with the Director of Inpatient Services.
- Conducts quarterly record reviews, communicates findings and recommendations to appropriate personnel.
- Actively assists staff with electronic documentation.
- Observes all Angela Hospice policies and procedures.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and general staff meetings.
- Provides any additional services as requested by the Director of Inpatient Services or President & CEO.
What You Bring
- Associate’s degree from an accredited School of Nursing required, BSN degree preferred
- Valid state of Michigan registered nurse licensed
- Hospice experience in an inpatient or home care setting preferred
- 2 years management or supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficient computer knowledge and skill
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist
- Auditory and visual skills
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills
- Knowledge of Federal/State, NHPCO, and CHAP regulations and guidelines
- Comprehension of hospice philosophy and symptoms of death/dying
- Knowledge of principals of pain/symptom management
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements