More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Patient Family Liaison
Department: Patient Access
Reports to: Patient Access Manager
Starting Rate: $50,000 annually
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for Patient Family Liaison who shares this vision.
- Responsible for supporting patients, families, and community organizations in the informational process of hospice care.
- Conducts informational meetings with patients and families in the community, which may include, but not limited to, completing consent paperwork, providing education, and understanding of the hospice levels of care.
- Ensures that effective communication occurs between assigned referral sources and appropriate Angela Hospice team members.
- Assists in coordinating the referral process and follows up appropriately.
- Uses established confidential communication channels to communicate pertinent information.
- Works cooperatively with patients, families, Angela Hospice interdisciplinary team members, and ancillary service providers.
- The ability to work closely with a variety of people effectively using problem solving skills.
- Willingness to learn regulations and related reimbursement policies for hospice and long-term care.
- Exhibits a compassionate approach to communication; comfortable in difficult situations.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Performs other duties as delegated by the Patient Access Manager.
What You Bring
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required, or at least three (3) years of successful sales experience in post-acute or hospice markets
- Strong marketing and/or sales background, healthcare and hospice experience highly preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in health care, hospice experience preferred
- Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements