More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Patient Access Coordinator
Department: Home Care
Reports to: Director of Patient Access
Starting Rate: $21/hour
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Patient Access Coordinator who shares this vision.
What Makes This Job Unique:
As Patient Access Coordinator, you are often the first voice someone hears when they reach out to Angela Hospice. You’ll provide a listening ear, offer information, and help those looking to sign a loved one onto Angela Hospice services. This position involves a lot of coordinating, so if you like to problem solve, organize, and keep busy, this career could be a great fit for you.
- Offer kindness and compassion while answering admission/informational phone calls.
- Engage with prospective patients, families, hospitals and community members, sharing information regarding all aspects of care provided by Angela Hospice.
- Provide education on the hospice philosophy and services to prospective patients and family members.
- Schedule hospice admissions and evaluations.
- Work with Concierge staff and Care Center Admit team to coordinate Care Center admissions or change of designated hospice to meet patient needs.
- Provide data entry, clerical, and administrative support to the referral department.
- Coordinate with hospitals or other hospices as needed.
- Evaluate new referral inquiries to determine appropriateness of hospice care.
- Manage required paperwork to ensure smooth hospice admissions.
- Use the electronic medical record system to generate relevant reports.
What You Bring
- 1 year of healthcare experience required, hospice experience preferred
- High School degree required, Associates or Bachelors preferred
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent reading, writing, and grammar skills
- Proficient computer knowledge and skill: Microsoft Office and EMR’s
- Proficient typing skills required
- Excellent skills in communication, both verbal and written; problem solving; and interpersonal