More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Integrative Therapies Volunteer Coordinator
Department: Volunteer Services
Reports to: Director of Integrative Therapies and Volunteer Services
Starting Rate: $24/hour
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Integrative Therapies Volunteer Coordinator who shares this vision.
What Makes This Job Unique:
The Integrative Therapies Volunteer Coordinator works closley with our passionate volunteers, who are looking to make a difference in the lives of those connected to Angela Hospice. Instead of sitting at a computer all day, every day, you’ll be working and interacting with our volunteers, becoming the final puzzle piece to help them find the niche area they wish to volunteer in at Angela Hospice and helping them succeed in that role.
- Enchance the experience of patients and families by evaluating which Care Center and Home Care patients would benefit from Integrative Therapies programming, such as music, art, and pet therapy.
- Communicate and promote the benefits of integrative therapies during the hospice journey, through community education and outreach programs.
- Develop life enriching program tools for Angela Hospice staff and volunteers to engage patients who have cognitive loss, and provide training for those tools.
- Coordinate and support all volunteers who help in the Care Center, including those who work with patients directly, and those who provide special programs and services, such as flower arrangements and the music program.
- Identify and collaborate with outside volunteer resources.
- Attend and assist with special events as needed.
- Maintain statistical records for the department, personnel files, scheduling documentation, and tracking of volunteer hours in accordance with Medicare regulations.
- Help with the preparation and facilitation of volunteer training classes, which may involve weekend and evening sessions.
- Assist with ongoing education and support for volunteers.
- Recruit, train, and coordinate Integrative Therapy volunteers, incluidng developing and facilitating staff/volunteer training for new program areas.
- Engage and learn from colleagues to expand your knowledge and expertise.
- Embrace opportunities and duties assigned by the Director of Integrative Therapies and Volunteer Services.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certification in Volunteer Administration a plus
- Experience in healthcare – hospice care, senior services and/or dementia care
- Background/interest in music, visual arts, or relaxations therapies a plus
- Able to actively advocate within the Patient/Resident first philosophy
- At least one year management experience
- Proficient computer knowledge and skill: Microsoft Word and Excel required, Microsoft Access, a plus
- Excellent skills: organizational, communication, both verbal and written, problem solving, a selfstarter, and possess an ability to work independently as well as part of a team