More Than A Job. Live Your Purpose.
Home Care Clinical Manager
Department: Home Care
Reports to: Director of Home Care Clinical Services
Starting Rate: $84,000 annually
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Home Care Clinical Manager who shares this vision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews patient information related to their case to determine hospice/home care needs.
- Assigns appropriate hospice personnel to case as needed.
- Coordinates patient’s care with physician and/or nurse practitioners involved in patient’s care plan.
- Provides support to clinicians at all times during operating hours as appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility and ownership for all outcomes of the team in their assigned service area.
- Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term therapeutic goals, setting priorities, and developing the plan of care.
- Conferences with medical director regarding any questions about an individual’s eligibility for services.
- Reviews and evaluates each case through a variety of means such as home visits, conferences, and record review.
- Provides visits and care needed to support the patient/family within their licensed scope of practice.
- Facilitates case conference meetings with appropriate interdisciplinary team members to aide in the coordination of care.
- Conducts quarterly record reviews and communicates finding and recommendations to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in the interviewing process of new employees and makes recommendations for employment of individuals.
- Assists in the orientation of new employees by providing education and support.
- Supervises the day-to-day operation of patient care teams.
- Assists with bi-weekly interdisciplinary team meetings, as needed.
- Coordinates total continuum of patient care: medical, therapeutic, spiritual or bereavement.
- Reviews and resolves concerns from staff, patients and families, and referral sources as they arise.
- Acts as a leader who INSPIRES the team by teaching, mentoring and leading them to embrace best known practices and Angela Hospice standards of care.
- Pursues on-going continuous professional development and education in health care, administrative and management areas.
- Provides leadership and knowledge of clinical skills necessary for the support of the clinical staff.
- Understands the importance of embracing a culture that produces and maintains strong, positive quality measures.
- Serves as a liaison between staff, patient and physician as needed.
- Identifies areas for process improvement within the teams and systems they lead and work with necessary parties to develop, implement, and evaluate goal-focused solutions.
- Handles initial complaints from staff, patients and families, and relays imperative information to appropriate personnel.
- Works with Infection Control, Quality Outcomes, and Human Resources to review, evaluate and follow-up on all reported patient and employee incidents (via incident reports).
- Conducts initial and annual performance evaluations of pertinent staff.
- Helps define clear expectations on embracing the Angela Hospice standards of care and engage in on-going evaluation to help their team consistently meet them.
- Provides on-going evaluation of the teams by going into the field teaching, coaching and mentoring.
- Uses established confidential communication channels to communicate pertinent information.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, neat, and clean environment, reporting any suspected deficiency.
- Assures the comfort, privacy, and dignity of each patient.
- Interacts with patients/families and team members in a manner of warmth, and promotes a caring environment.
- Promptly reports to the Director of Home Care Clinical Services, any incident or evidence of abuse or violation of patient/family rights.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare related field required, BSN degree preferred
- Hospice experience in an inpatient or home care setting preferred
- 2 years management or supervisory experience
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficient computer knowledge and skill
- Excellent observation, verbal, and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist
- Auditory and visual skills
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills
- Knowledge of Federal/State, NHPCO, and CHAP regulations and guidelines
- Comprehension of hospice philosophy and issues of death/dying
- Knowledge of principals of pain/symptom management
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.