More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Home Care Clinical Manager
Department: Home Care
Reports to: Director of Home Care Clinical Services
Starting Rate: $84,000 annually
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Home Care Clinical Manager who shares this vision.
What Makes This Job Unique:
The Home Care Clinical Manager plays a key role in not only working alongside an interdisciplinary team of nurses, social workers, and aides, but also providing direct support both in-house and out in the field. They’re able to directly see the important impact their team is making for Angela Hospice patients and families. Being a successful problem-solver will lead to a lot of success in this position, which also consists of minimal on-call responsibilities.
- Provide support, leadership, guidance, and education through teaching and mentoring, focusing on sharing clinical skills and how to embrace the Angela Hospice standards of care.
- Assist in interviewing, recommending, and orienting new employees.
- Report findings and recommendations found through quarterly record reviews.
- Work with your team, setting clear expectations on how to embrace the Angela Hospice standards of care, and engage in on-going evaluations to help them meet those goals.
- Assist clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term, patient-centered goals, setting priorities, and developing the plan of care.
- Team, coach, and mentor team members in the field.
- Identify potential for process improvement to better develop, implement, and evaluate goal-focused solutions.
- Pursue professional development and education in health care, administrative, and management areas.
- Coordinate a total continuum of patient care: medical, therapeutic, spiritual or bereavement.
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of patient care teams.
- Facilitate communication among interdisciplinary team members to aide in the coordination of care.
- Bring a sense of calm and comfort as you interact with patients and families on their hospice journey.
- Coordinate patient care with the physician and/or nurse practitioner involved in the care plan.
- Provide care to support the patient and their family per your licensed scope of practice.
- Promote and embrace a work culture that produces and maintains strong, positive quality measures.
- Monitor and report any suspected deficiency to assist in maintaining a safe, neat, and clean environment.
- Promptly report any incident or evidence of abuse or violation of patient/family rights.
- Work with Infection Control, Quality Outcomes, and Human Resources to review, evaluate, and follow-up on all reported patient and employee incidents.
- Address initial complaints from staff, patients, families, and referral sources, and relay imperative information to appropriate personnel, reviewing and resolving concerns as they arise.
- Review patient information and evaluate each case through home visits, conferences, and record review.
What You Bring
- Associate’s degree in a healthcare related field required, BSN or LMSW degree preferred
- Hospice experience in an inpatient or home care setting preferred
- 2 years management or supervisory experience
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficient computer knowledge and skill
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist
- Auditory and visual skills
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills
- Knowledge of Federal/State, NHPCO, and CHAP regulations and guidelines
- Comprehension of hospice philosophy and issues of death/dying
- Knowledge of principals of pain/symptom management
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements