More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Home Care Hospice Aide
Department: Home Care
Reports to: Home Care Clinical Manager
Starting Rate: $17/hour
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Home Care Hospice Aide who shares this vision.
- Provide caring services to patients in the comfort of their own homes.
- Assist in bringing a sense of calm and comfort as you welcome patients and families into the caring embrace of Angela Hospice.
- Empower patients as you assist with their exercise and functional mobility as instructed by the Registered Nurse.
- Make use of your knowledge of the necessary equipment to create outcomes while you perform personal care.
- Help make a difference in patients’ lives by providing compassion and kindness while talking and listening during bedtime visits.
- Help patients feel comfortable and secure while administering personal hygiene, comfort measures and health care procedures.
- Assist in maintaining a safe environment for patients and family members and ensure that all care is provided with respect for patient rights.
- Educate patient caregivers on proper body mechanics when moving and lifting, show proper ways to use medical equipment, and guide and assist with simple wound care and wound prevention.
- Protect the privacy, dignity, and confidentiality of the patients and families in all interactions.
- Effectively communicate with patients, families, and other members of the Angela Hospice team.
- Assess and report changes in patient condition to the primary care nurse.
- Give the patient’s primary caregiver a break by providing short-term respite care.
- Complete and stay updated on all necessary documentation, education, training, and follow the Angela Hospice Home Care, Inc., policies and procedures,
- Succeed by being consistent, dependable and punctual on a daily basis.
- Engage and learn from peers and colleagues within the interdisciplinary team.
- Embrace opportunities provided to expand your knowledge and expertise.
What You Bring
- Previous experience required, 1 year preferred
- Current certification as a certified nurse assistant in the state of Michigan required
- Hospice experience preferred