More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Home Care Case Manager RN
Full Time, Days
Department: Home Care
Reports to: Home Care Clinical Supervisor
Starting Rate: $32.01/hour
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.
***Sign-On Bonus: $5,000***
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Home Care Case Manager who shares this vision.
What Makes This Job Unique:
This salaried position has you working from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. There’s no weekend or on-call rotation required, but you can pick up shifts if so desired, qualifying you for an additional stipend. With a separate admission RN team at Angela Hospice, you’ll receive an additional stipend for all admits you do complete. Your mileage is reimbursed at the full IRS rate.
- Bring a sense of calm and comfort as you support patients and families on their Angela Hospice journey.
- Engage with clients face-to-face in their homes, hospitals, or nursing facilities.
- Evaluate to determine scope and frequency of services needed, based on acuity and patient/family needs.
- Assess the ability of patient caregivers to meet patient needs.
- Complete comprehensive assessments for your patients, displaying compassion and respect in accordance with Angela Hospice’s Felician core values.
- Listen with compassion to patient and family concerns, communicate, and initiate solutions.
- Document assessments, care plans, and care provided, according to policies and procedures.
- Provide education to patients and their families about medications, treatments and procedures, disease processes, the end-of-life and processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern.
- Encourage self-care techniques for patients and caregivers.
- Assess and report changes in patient condition to the team and complete follow up actions as necessary.
- Keep the patient’s referring physician up to date as the patient’s condition changes.
- Support team cohesion, accepting on-call assignments when needed.
- Engage and learn from peers and colleagues within the interdisciplinary team.
- Embrace opportunities to better expand your knowledge and expertise.
What You Bring
- Minimum one year experience as a Registered Nurse
- Strong Hospice/Home care background preferred
- Current certification in the State of Michigan required
- Hospice experience preferred