More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Home Care Admit RN
Department: Home Care
Reports to: Director of Patient Access
Starting Rate: $32.01/hour
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Home Care Admit RN who shares this vision.
What Makes This Job Unique:
For those new to hospice, the Home Care Admit RN position is a good starting place as it allows you to learn along with the families you serve, teaching and educating them on all things hospice. You’re the first face many of these families will meet from Angela Hospice, and an enthusiasm and passion for hospice is critical to success in this role. If you’re not an early morning person this position is ideal, often starting after 9 a.m. You’re also able to get most of your charting done at a patient’s bedside, allowing for a healthy work/life balance.
- Bring a sense of calm and comfort as you welcome patients and families into the caring embrace of Angela Hospice.
- Engage with clients face-to-face in home settings, hospitals, or nursing facilities.
- Demonstrate your skills and knowledge of nursing as you provide for continuity of care.
- Listen to patient and family concerns, communicate, and initiate solutions.
- Administer and document medications/treatments as ordered by the physician.
- Complete comprehensive assessments of patients assigned, displaying compassion and respect in accordance with Angela Hospice’s Felician core values.
- Document assessments, care plans, and care provided.
- Assess and report changes in patient condition to the responsible party, taking follow-up action as necessary.
- Provide education to patients and their families about medications, treatments and procedures, disease processes, the end-of-life and processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern.
- Encourage self-care techniques for patients and caregivers.
- Communicate with other members of the interdisciplinary team to enhance patient comfort.
- Support team cohesion, accepting on-call assignments when needed.
- Engage and learn from peers and colleagues within the interdisciplinary team.
- Embrace opportunities to better expand your knowledge and expertise.
What You Bring
- Previous RN experience required, 1 year preferred
- Current license in the State of Michigan required
- Hospice experience preferred
- Availability every other weekend