More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Starting Rate: $25-27/hour, based on years of experience
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Finance Assistant who shares this vision.
- Records cash receipts.
- Maintains vendor files in electronic financial system.
- Verifies and records invoices, with account number, and obtains proper authorization for payment.
- Reviews and maintains accounts payables.
- Prepares checks for disbursement and communicates with vendors.
- Evaluates and estimates unbilled patient related services.
- Reconciles cash receipts for month end revenue cycle.
- Reconciles donation deposits recorded in financial record to fund Community Outreach and Philanthropy department records.
- Maintains records for 1099 and other tax reporting.
- Maximizes computer and other resources available.
- Identifies and communicates to Chief Financial Officer any control deficiencies and potential processing efficiencies.
- Assist with purchasing of patient related supplies.
- Acts as liaison to nursing home billers.
What You Bring
- High School diploma required
- College degree in accounting, finance, or a related field preferred
- Healthcare accounting and finance preferred, minimum of 2-3 years’ experience of equivalent education/training/experience in business/accounting required
- Hospice, home health or related organization experience preferred
- Accounting software knowledge and experience required
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent reading, writing, and grammar skills
- Proficient computer knowledge and skill
- Excellent skills: communication, both verbal and written, problem solving, and interpersonal