More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Department: Care Center
Reports to: Culinary Manager
Starting Rate: $15/hour
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Culinary Aide who shares this vision.
- Sets up trays with condiments and dishes appropriate for the food items being served daily.
- Checks the employee kitchen daily and re-stocks necessary items as needed and records refrigerator temperatures daily.
- Assists with food preparation and cooking functions as directed by the Cook.
- Participates in taking patient/family food orders.
- Delivers food trays to the Care Center daily.
- Washes dishes after each meal and as needed daily.
- Visits patients to obtain and update food preferences and acceptance of meals daily or as needed.
- Demonstrates and facilitates a teamwork approach to kitchen duties.
- Follows proper food handling, preparation and storage techniques or procedures according to state regulations.
- Conforms to standards of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Recognizes dietary services and/or equipment needs, reports appropriately and takes corrective action as directed.
- Inventories and orders dietary stock to ensure adequate supplies as directed.
- Reports observations to improve service and ensure more efficient operations.
- Follows established standards and procedures for work of dietary/dishwasher staff.
- Identifies safety hazards and corrects and/or reports to supervisor or designee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year of culinary services experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Knowledge of proper food handling, preparation and storage techniques
- Moderate reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills: in dealing with staff, residents, family members, etc.
- Auditory and visual skills
- Ability to work both cooperatively and independently with little or no supervision