More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Department: Community Outreach & Philanthropy
Reports to: Director of Community Outreach & Philanthropy
Starting Rate: $70,000-80,000 annually
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Community Liaison who shares this vision.
- Assists with development and execution of the company’s strategies to build sustainable relationships with targeted referral sources.
- Collaborates and assists with the referral to admission process, following up as appropriate.
- Provides support with achieving target goals for the department.
- Identifies and provides, or arranges for, education on a variety of hospice and palliative care topics to our community partners including, but not limited to, skilled nursing facilities, hospital systems, physicians, and various healthcare providers through workshops, in-services, and informal training methods.
- Assists with the development of marketing plans designed to meet or exceed census goals.
- Participates in strategic planning for assigned territory.
- Takes initiative to develop and maintain relationships with all Angela Hospice staff to assure effective communication and positive working relationships with referral sources.
- Assists with analyzing referral patterns and trends, including strengths and weaknesses of area competition.
- Promotes growth and profitability of organization through responsible use of marketing materials and other resources.
- Promotes positive working relationships with patients, families, referral sources, physicians, and community service agencies.
- Initiates contracts with facilities and various referral sources, and accurately communicates the contents of these contracts.
- Provides consultative visits with professionals and families.
- Reports facility complaints to the appropriate manager for follow up.
- Actively participates in community activities to represent Angela Hospice.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective channels of communication.
- Adheres to the Patient Rights Program.
- Promotes utilization of hospice services and understanding of the hospice Medicare benefit.
- Uses established confidential communication channels to communicate pertinent information.
- Presents an appropriate, professional appearance in accordance with established policy.
- Performs other duties as delegated by the Director of Community Outreach & Philanthropy.
What You Bring
- BSN preferred; college degree in marketing, sales, or a healthcare related field required
- Strong marketing and customer service background, healthcare and hospice experience highly preferred
- Excellent organization, time management, managerial, problem solving, and both verbal and written communication skills
- Strong reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills
- Proficient computer knowledge and skill: Word, Excel, and keyboarding
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Cooperative team manner with leadership abilities
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order