More Than A Job. Live Your Purpose.
Registered Nurse Community Liaison
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Director of Community Relations
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Registered Nurse Community Liaison who shares this vision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with development and execution of the company’s strategies to build sustainable relationships with targeted referral sources.
- Collaborates and assists with the referral admission process, following up as appropriate.
- Provides support with achieving target goals for the department.
- Identifies and provides education on a variety of hospice and palliative care topics to our community partners including, but not limited to, skilled nursing facilities, hospital systems, physicians, and various healthcare providers through workshops, in-services, and informal training methods.
- Assists with the development of marketing plans designed to meet or exceed census goals.
- Participates in strategic planning for assigned territory.
- Takes initiative to develop and maintain relationships with all Angela Hospice staff to assure effective communication and positive working relationships with referral sources.
- Assists with analyzing referral patterns and trends, including strengths and weaknesses of area competition.
- Promotes growth and profitability of organization through responsible use of marketing materials and other resources.
- Promotes positive working relationships with patients, families, referral sources, physicians , and community service agencies.
- Initiates contracts with facilities and various referral sources and accurately communicates the contents of these contracts.
- Provides consultative visits with professionals and families.
- Reports facility complaints to the appropriate manager for follow up.
- Actively participates in community activities to represent Angela Hospice.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective channels of communication.
- Adheres to the Patient Rights Program.
- Performs comprehensive assessment and/or evaluation for hospice appropriateness in a timely manner as required.
- Admits patient’s onto hospice service, if needed, by applying Angela Hospice Home Care Inc. admission and recertification criteria to ensure that patients meet hospice eligibility and are placed at the appropriate level of care.
- Performs basic nursing skills in a knowledgeable and competent manner that provides for continuity of care.
- Administers and documents medications/treatments as ordered by the physician and according to facility policies/procedures.
- Instructs patients/families regarding medications, treatments and procedures, disease processes, self-care techniques, end of life care, and processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern.
- Promotes utilization of hospice services and understanding of the hospice Medicare benefit.
- Assesses ability of patient caregiver to meet patient needs.
- Uses established confidential communication channels to communicate pertinent information.
- Assesses comfort, skill and pain levels of patient at each visit as necessary.
- Communicates patient/family concerns and initiates corrective action.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Presents an appropriate, professional appearance in accordance with established policy.
What You Bring
- Strong marketing and customer service background, healthcare and hospice experience highly preferred
- Current Michigan nursing license
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program, BSN preferred
- Preferably, current CHPCN certification
- Hospice experience in an inpatient or home care setting or equivalent with a sound clinical knowledge base
- Excellent organization, time management, managerial, problem solving. and both verbal and written communication skills
- Strong reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills
- Proficient computer knowledge and skill: Word, Excel, and keyboarding
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Cooperative team manner with leadership abilities
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.