More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Care Center Hospice Aide
Department: Care Center
Reports to: Director of Inpatient Services
Starting Rate: $17/hour
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for Care Center Hospice Aides who shares this vision.
What Makes This Job Unique:
Work in the intimate setting of our on-site Care Center, where you’ll provide high-quality patient care alongside some of the best hospice LPNs, nurses, and physicians. This position allows you to leave work at work, creating a healthy work/life balance. Those who will succeed in this position will be compassionate, dependable, and punctual.
- Welcome patients and families into Angela Hospice’s caring embrace by bringing a sense of calm and comfort.
- Help patients feel comfortable and secure as you administer personal hygiene, comfort measures, and health care procedures.
- Provide compassion and kindness that truly makes a difference while chatting and listening with patients.
- Make patients feel empowered as you support them with their functional mobility.
- Effectively communicate with patients, families, and other members of the Angela Hospice team.
- Complete and stay updated on all necessary documentation, education, training, and Angela Hospice policies and procedures.
- Report changes in patient condition to responsible team members.
- Ensure that all care for patients and their family members is provided with respect for patient rights, and maintain a safe environment for everyone.
- During each interaction, protect the privacy, dignity, and confidentiality of patients and their loved ones.
- Engage and learn from peers and colleagues within the interdisciplinary team.
- Embrace opportunities to better expand your knowledge and expertise.
What You Bring
- Previous experience required, 1 year preferred
- Current license in the State of Michigan required
- Hospice experience preferred
- Availability every other weekend