More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Care Center Hospice Aide
Department: Care Center
Reports to: Director of Inpatient Services
Starting Rate: $17/hour
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Care Center Hospice Aide who shares this vision.
What Makes This Job Unique:
Work in the intimate setting of our on-site Care Center, where you’ll provide high-quality patient care alongside some of the best hospice LPNs, nurses, and physicians. This position allows you to leave work at work, creating a healthy work/life balance. Those who will succeed in this position will be compassionate, dependable, and punctual.
- Welcome patients and families into Angela Hospice’s caring embrace by bringing a sense of calm and comfort.
- Help patients feel comfortable and secure as you administer personal hygiene, comfort measures, and health care procedures.
- Provide compassion and kindness that truly makes a difference while chatting and listening with patients.
- Make patients feel empowered as you support them with their functional mobility.
- Effectively communicate with patients, families, and other members of the Angela Hospice team.
- Complete and stay updated on all necessary documentation, education, training, and Angela Hospice policies and procedures.
- Report changes in patient condition to responsible team members.
- Ensure that all care for patients and their family members is provided with respect for patient rights, and maintain a safe environment for everyone.
- During each interaction, protect the privacy, dignity, and confidentiality of patients and their loved ones.
- Engage and learn from peers and colleagues within the interdisciplinary team.
- Embrace opportunities to better expand your knowledge and expertise.
What You Bring
- Previous experience required, 1 year preferred
- Current license in the State of Michigan required
- Hospice experience preferred
- Availability every other weekend