More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Reports to: CFO
Starting Rate: $85,000 annually
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Building Manager who shares this vision.
- Develops and implements a maintenance schedule for Angela Hospice Home Care, Inc.
- Reviews warranties and contacts appropriate suppliers for problems covered under warranty.
- Makes repairs as appropriate and notifies supervisor when outside service is required.
- Evaluates and recommends outside services for repairs, improvements, and maintenance contracts as required.
- Manages grounds maintenance and other contracted services staff to ensure that work is done properly.
- Ensures that the Angela Hospice Care Center and grounds are maintained in a safe, clean, and efficient manner.
- Participates in the hiring process for staff under their direct supervision.
- Evaluates, mentors, coaches, disciplines, and terminates staff under their direct supervision, if necessary, in accordance with company policy, in consultation with the Executive Director, Human Resources, and/or the President/CEO.
- Coordinates meetings with each department under their direction to keep current on expectations and problem areas.
- Reviews policies and practices related to facility management including Standards, Conditions of Participation for Medicare, home health regulations, accreditation standards, and state and federal safety regulations.
- Completes performance evaluations on subordinate staff in accordance with organizational policy.
- Participates in organizational strategic planning, directs and monitors organizational performance improvement activities.
- Manages operations in accordance with fiscal parameters.
- Demonstrates dependability, punctuality, and management skills.
- Assumes all responsibilities of the maintenance department as needed.
What You Bring
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in all aspects of the building trades; including plumbing, electrical, HVAC units, sump pumps, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, 10+ years experience in like field required
- 3-5 years of experience supervising maintenance personnel is preferred
- Experience working with sub-contractors and knowledge of building construction
- Excellent organization, time management, and managerial skills
- Moderate computer knowledge and skill
- Excellent skills: organizational, communication, both verbal and written, problem solving, and interpersonal
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision, and be a self-starter
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements