More Than A Job. Live Your Purpose.
Care Center Nurse Extern – Student Nurse Associate
Department: Care Center
Reports to: Care Center Clinical Supervisor
Starting Rate: $15/hour
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Student Nurse Associate who shares this vision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing personal care needs after given a patient assignment and attending to patient requests promptly.
- Assisting with ADLs, such as bathing, showers, shampoos, oral care, dressing, and feeding.
- Promoting skin integrity by proper turning, positioning, and skin care, including incontinence care, wound care, and simple dressing changes.
- Taking and recording of Vital Signs; BP, TPR, Pulse Ox.
- Assisting in ambulation and range of motion exercises as directed.
- Engaging in positive and therapeutic communication with patient and family.
- Performs colostomy care, trach care, and foley care.
- Supports department operation as directed, may also be assigned special projects or tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the position.
- Performs other duties as directed by Director of Care Center.
What You Bring
- Currently enrolled in an accredited School of Nursing and has successfully completed Med/Surg I; fundamentals of nursing, including therapeutic communication
- Excellent reading, writing, and mathematical skills
- Experience in EHR documentation and basic computer proficiency
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Self-directing with ability to empathize and support the terminally ill and grieving family
- Successfully completes an introductory period to ensure competence in the above qualifications
The Student Extern will not function in any manner viewed as the practice of nursing according to the Nurse Practice Act. Specifically, the Nurse Extern will not administer medication, take physician orders, or independently perform procedures requiring the training, knowledge, and skill of a licensed nurse.
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.