More Than A Job. Live Your Purpose.
Patient Access Manager
Department: Community Relations
Reports to: Director of Community Relations
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Patient Access Manager who shares this vision.
- Manages all day-to-day Call Center Coordinator and Call Center team operations to ensure an efficient and timely intake/admission process is achieved with all patient referrals including hospice, palliative care, and care center programs.
- Manages Call Center Coordinators and Admit RN team in compliance and competency training, quality, workforce management, customer service, operational standards, and key performance indicators.
- Continuously monitors all day-to-day referral activities taking place within the Call Center to include count of referrals received, status in real time, next steps, and follow up on previous day(s) and review referrals not admitted.
- Monitors and manages all inbound call volumes and pending referrals to ensure operational service levels and goals are met and exceeded (including data analysis and managing phone records daily).
- Provides onboarding training, continued professional development, one-on-one coaching, and team support based on needs of the Call Center Coordinators and Admit RN team.
- Strong commitment to customer service and experience promoting a culture of customer service driven work.
- Supervises, manages, monitors, develops, and evaluates performance of the Call Center Coordinators and Admit RN team.
- Leads monthly team meetings.
- Collaborates with leadership team members regarding referral to admission process and outcomes.
- Leads by example to demonstrate and support our mission and Franciscan core values.
- Ensures proper handling of all documentation.
- Responds to and resolve complaints in a timely manner.
What You Bring
- Current registered nurse license in the state of Michigan
- Graduated from an accredited nursing program, Bachelors preferred
- Preferably, current hospice certification
- Previous hospice, administrative experience in an inpatient or home care setting or equivalent with a sound clinical knowledge base
- Able to actively advocate within the Patient/Resident first philosophy
- Excellent organization, time management, and managerial skills
- Excellent reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills
- Proficient computer knowledge and skill
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills: with staff, patients, family members, physicians, all team members, and public relations
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.