More Than A Job. Live Your Purpose.
Department: Integrative Therapies
Reports to: Director of Volunteer Services and Integrative Therapies
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Music Therapist who shares this vision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes the music therapy assessment for patients/families.
- Uses music therapy to address a variety of medical, psychological, emotional, spiritual, and social needs of patients and families.
- Demonstrates ability of professional level musical skills with culturally adaptive music repertoire.
- Demonstrates knowledge of music therapy research and uses best practices in clinical interventions.
- Demonstrates ability to provide evidence based music therapy interventions for a variety of clinical goals common to the hospice care setting.
- This person must be certified and willing to travel within a territory to complete requested Music Therapy sessions with our hospice patients.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Angela Hospice mission statement and core values of the organization.
What You Bring
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in MT from an AMTA accredited university
- Board Certified as a Music Therapist by the Certification Board for Music Therapy
- Hospice and Palliative Care Music Therapist preferred
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.