More Than A Job. Live Your Purpose.
Care Center LPN, Nights
Full Time (Every other weekend required)
7 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Department: Care Center
Reports to: Director of Inpatient Services
Starting Rate: $27/hour
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Care Center LPN who shares this vision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides quality nursing care to patients utilizing special nursing skills related to palliative and end of life care, in an environment which promotes patient rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and their individuality. Follows established standards of nursing practice as defined in policy and procedures.
- Assists all care team members in performing direct patient care including ADLs and specialized duties related to end of life care.
- Assist RN in carrying out the plan of care.
- Prepares clinical notes, documenting patient observations, interventions, and describing patient and family response to care in the EHR.
- Ensures communication of information to appropriate team members.
- Administers and documents medications/treatments as ordered by the physician/NP, and according to Angela Hospice policies and procedures.
- Reinforces and educates patients/families regarding medications, treatments and procedures, disease processes, and self-care techniques.
- Utilizes established confidential channels to communicate pertinent findings and ensures patient/family concerns are escalated to Supervising RN or Clinical Supervisor.
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand hygiene, proper use of PPE, disposal of soiled materials, and use of equipment.
- Lifts, moves, and transports patients, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices according to care plan.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, neat and clean environment, reporting any suspected deficiency.
- May be assigned to Primary or Float role on a given shift. Primary LPN is assigned set patients to care for on unit/wing. The Float LPN augments staffing by rotating to various units/wings to assist as needed, and cover breaks.
What You Bring
- Current State of Michigan Nursing license
- Hospice experience preferred but not required
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.