More Than A Job. Live Your Purpose.
Home Care Triage RN Clinical Coordinator
(Weekdays: 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m., every other weekend: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.)
Department: Home Care
Reports to: Patient Support Center & Telehealth Clinical Manager
Starting Rate: $32.01/hour
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Home Care Triage RN Clinical Coordinator who shares this vision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Angela Hospice patients receive quality, compassionate care by coordinating and implementing the delivery of patient services.
- Arrange for patient transfers and tuck-in visits, and assign team members.
- Schedule nurses/social workers for emergent visits, including patient deaths, apprising Hospice Aide Coordinator of same.
- Discern appropriate discharge planning for transfers.
- Prepare discharge for patients with pumps, including coordinating the IV company and family, and assigning nurse to set up.
- Arrange emergent GIP admission for patient in crisis at home.
- Maintain a daily report of admissions, including IDG, city, team, and location.
- Order medications for patients, chart information, and notify RN Case Manager.
- Order home care supplies for patients, including durable medical equipment (DME) as needed. Order ambulance, equipment, and IV therapy as needed.
- Chart patient/family phone calls and triage.
- Review and follow up on phone calls taken overnight and on weekends by Triage RN.
- Promptly communicate with nurses/social workers regarding family calls.
- Work with nurses and social workers, assigning daily admissions.
- Evaluate clinical services in accordance with the policies and objectives of Angela Hospice Home Care, Inc., under direction of the Home Care Clinical Supervisor.
- Engage and learn from peers and colleagues within the interdisciplinary team.
- Embrace opportunities provided to expand your knowledge and expertise.
What You Bring
- Current State of Michigan Nursing license
- Minimum 1-2 years nursing experience in an inpatient or home care setting
- Minimum of 1 year experience with triage preferred
- Hospice experience preferred
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.