More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Home Care On-Call RN
Full Time, Nights
Department: Home Care
Reports to: Home Care Clinical Manager
Starting Rate: $32.01/hour, $3 shift diff rate
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Home Care Nurse who shares this vision.
Hear from a member of the Angela Hospice team who was a Home Care On-Call RN during the night shift for five years.
What Makes This Job Unique:
As a Home Care On-Call nurse you’ll have a position where you’re paid for the full 12-hour shift no matter how many calls you receive. Some nights may be slow while others could be quite busy, but no matter how many calls you take, know that you are the face that will bring comfort and relief to someone in the middle of the night, in a way that only you can.
- Bring a sense of calm and comfort as you address patient and family needs.
- Demonstrate your skills and knowledge of nursing as you provide continuity of care.
- Complete comprehensive assessments of patients assigned, displaying compassion and respect in accordance with Angela Hospice’s Felician core values.
- Assess patient comfort and pain levels at each visit.
- Document assessments, care plans, and care provided, according to policies and procedures.
- Administer and document medications/treatments as ordered by the physician.
- Report changes in patient condition to the team and complete follow up actions as necessary.
- Provide education to patients and their families about medications, treatments and procedures, disease processes, the end-of-life and processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern.
- Encourage self-care techniques for patients and caregivers.
What You Bring
- Current State of Michigan Registered Nursing license
- Hospice experience preferred but not required