More Than A Job. Live Your Purpose.
Home Care On-Call RN
Full Time, Days, 7 a.m.-7:30 p.m. (Every other weekend)
Department: Home Care
Reports to: Home Care Clinical Manager
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Home Care Nurse who shares this vision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs comprehensive assessment of assigned patients in a timely manner as required.
- Documents assessment, care plans and care provided according to Angela Hospice Home Care, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Reports changes in patient condition to responsible party and takes follow up action as necessary.
- Performs nursing skills in a knowledgeable and competent manner that provide for continuity of care.
- Administers and documents medication/treatments as ordered by the physician and according to policy and procedures.
- Educates patients/families regarding medications, treatments and procedures, disease processes, self-care techniques, end of life and process for dealing with issues of ethical concern.
- Assess comfort and pain levels of patients at each visit.
What You Bring
- Current State of Michigan Registered Nursing license
- Hospice experience preferred but not required
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.