More Than A Job. Live Your Purpose.
Home Care LPN
Full Time (Every other weekend), 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Department: Home Care
Reports to: Home Care Clinical Supervisor
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Home Care LPN who shares this vision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates with other members of the Inter-Disciplinary team and implement appropriate follow up action if needed.
- Documents care provided according to plan developed and written by RN, and in accordance with Angela Hospice Home Care Inc. policies and procedures.
- Reports changes in patient conditions to RN or physician and takes follow-up action as necessary.
- Performs basic nursing skills in a knowledgeable and competent manner that provides for continuity of care.
- Administers and documents medications/treatments as ordered by the physician and according to Angela Hospice Home Care, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Educates patients/families regarding medications, treatments as necessary.
- Documents administration of prn meds/treatments in a timely manner.
- Communicates patient/family concerns to appropriate personnel, and initiates corrective action, if required.
- Ensures patient is receiving correct diet and is assisted as necessary.
- Identifies safety hazards and corrects.
- Reports all accidents and incidents observed.
- Observes and responds to safety needs of patients.
- Identifies and responds appropriately to emergency situations.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Works cooperatively with patients, families, nursing staff, physicians, consultant personnel, and ancillary service providers.
- Reports all grievances and complaints initiated by patients or families to the RN or clinical supervisor.
What You Bring
- Previous LPN experience required, 1 year preferred
- Current license in the State of Michigan required
- Hospice experience preferred
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.