More Than A Job. Live Your Purpose.
Home Care Admit RN
Department: Home Care
Reports to: Home Care Clinical Supervisor
Starting Rate: $32.01/hour
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Home Care Admit Nurse who shares this vision.
- Bring a sense of calm and comfort as you welcome patients and families into the caring embrace of Angela Hospice.
- Engage with clients face-to-face in home settings, hospitals, or nursing facilities.
- Through comprehensive assessments, develop personalized, comprehensive care plans, revising when needed.
- Provide continuity of care using your professional knowledge and nursing skills.
- Administer and document medications/treatments as ordered by the physician and according to facility policy and procedures.
- Listen to patient and family concerns, communicate, and initiate solutions.
- Accept on-call assignments when needed by the team.
- Provide educations and guidance to help patients/families regarding medications, treatments, and procedures.
- Interpret and relay existing policies and procedures to nurse assistants, patients, families, and physicians.
- Communicate with other members of the interdisciplinary team and implement appropriate follow-up action if required.
- Assess and report changes in patient condition to responsible party, taking follow-up action as necessary.
- Complete all necessary documentation for assessments, care plans, and care provided, according to Angela Hospice Home Care, Inc., policies and procedures.
- Engage and learn from peers and colleagues within the interdisciplinary team.
- Embrace opportunities provided to expand your knowledge and expertise.
What You Bring
- Previous RN experience required, 1 year preferred
- Current license in the State of Michigan required
- Hospice experience preferred
- Availability every other weekend
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.