More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Home Care Triage RN Clinical Coordinator
Part Time: Weekdays 2:00-10:30 p.m., weekends 11:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Both positions are every other weekend.
Department: Home Care
Reports to: Patient Support Center & Telehealth Clinical Manager
Starting Rate: $32.01/hour
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Home Care Triage RN Clinical Coordinator who shares this vision.
What Makes This Job Unique:
With the Triage RN Clinical Coordinator position, you can utilize all of your nursing education, knowledge, and skills without being hands-on in the field. You’ll bring comfort and empower others by educating and assisting with calls from families and patients in crisis. This in-house team position allows you to become part of the support system Angela Hospice provides for patients and their loved ones, leaving an impact on those you provide your compassionate care to.
- Ensure Angela Hospice patients receive quality, compassionate care by coordinating and implementing the delivery of patient services.
- Provide guidance and support to patients and families who call with questions or emergent needs.
- Be a calming and reassuring presence as you provide triage support over the phone.
- Review and follow up on patient/family phone calls taken by overnight and weekend staff.
- Arrange GIP admissions into our Care Center facility for patients who are in crisis at home.
- Recognize appropriate discharge planning for those who are being transferred.
- Oversee discharge for patients using pumps, coordinating with the IV company and family, and other team members.
- Take the lead on ordering home care supplies, durable medical equipment, ambulance, and IV therapy for patients as needed.
- Order medications and coordinate with the RN Case Manager.
- Evaluate clinical services in accordance with the policies and objectives of Angela Hospice Home Care, Inc., under direction of the Home Care Clinical Supervisor.
- Facilitate the patient’s experience by assigning team members for patient transfers, tuck-ins, and admissions.
- Communicate and coordinate with nurses/social workers regarding family calls and emergent visits, including patient deaths.
- Complete charting and a daily report of admissions.
- Engage and learn from peers and colleagues within the interdisciplinary team.
- Embrace opportunities to better expand your knowledge and expertise.
What You Bring
- Current State of Michigan Nursing license
- Minimum 1-2 years nursing experience in an inpatient or home care setting
- Minimum of 1 year experience with triage preferred
- Hospice experience preferred