More than a job.
Live your purpose.
Home Care On-Call RN
Part Time, Days, 7 a.m.-7:30 p.m. (every other weekend)
Department: Home Care
Reports to: Home Care Clinical Manager
Starting Rate: $32.01/hour
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded over 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Home Care Nurse who shares this vision.
What Makes This Job Unique:
Throughout your 12-hour shift, you’ll discover no two days are the same in this role, each day bringing with it its own rewards as you work with patients and their families to provide comfort and care. This job is ideal for someone who likes a fast-paced environment, and feels empowered when doing a variety of tasks.
- Bring a sense of calm and comfort as you address patient and family needs.
- Complete comprehensive assessments for your patients, displaying compassion and respect in accordance with Angela Hospice’s Felician core values.
- Provide patient comfort, assessing and addressing pain levels at each visit.
- Document assessments, care plans, and care provided, according to policies and procedures.
- Administer and document medications/treatments as ordered by the physician.
- Demonstrate your skills and knowledge of nursing as you provide continuity of care.
- Report changes in patient condition to the team and complete follow up actions as necessary.
- Provide education to patients and their families about medications, treatments and procedures, disease processes, the end-of-life and processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern.
- Encourage self-care techniques for patients and caregivers.
What You Bring
- Current State of Michigan Registered Nursing license
- Hospice experience preferred but not required