More Than A Job. Live Your Purpose.
Department: Grief Care
Reports to: Director of Social Work and Grief Care
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Grief Counselor who shares this vision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes the Bereavement-Risk assessment for each new client during the first counseling session.
- Participates in developing the plan of care for each patient/family member.
- Utilizes existing community resources to assist families.
- Provides counseling, support, and therapeutic interventions as clinically appropriate in individual and group settings.
- Maintains current documentation in the clinical chart.
- Identifies own educational needs to keep current professionally and upgrades knowledge and skills by attending workshops, seminars, and self-study.
- Serves as an educational resource in the community by providing outreach, including writing articles or public speaking, when requested.
- Knowledge of virtual formats to providing counseling services via Zoom.
- Serves as a field instructor for graduate students, as requested.
- Committed to following Resident Rights policies and procedures.
- Works cooperatively with all levels of Angela Hospice Home Care, Inc.
- Observes all Angela Hospice policies and procedures.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and general staff meetings.
What You Bring
- Graduate of an accredited institution, MSW
- Current licensure in the State of Michigan, LMSW, LLMSW
- Previous hospice experience preferred
- Past experience in a counseling role, working with children, adolescence, and adults
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.