More Than A Job. Live Your Purpose.
Care Center RN
Contingent, Nights (One weekend per month)
Department: Care Center
Reports to: Director of Inpatient Services
You can make a difference every day as part of Angela Hospice’s exceptional team. Angela Hospice was founded 35 years ago, rooted on values of respect, dignity, and compassion – and that caring vision extends not only to the patients and families we care for, but to our team members, colleagues, and the community.
We’re looking for a Care Center Nurse who shares this vision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs comprehensive assessment of assigned patients in a timely manner on admission and as required.
- Develop and accurate comprehensive care plan based on the patient assessment and revise as necessary.
- Documents assessment, care plans and care provided according to Angela Hospice Home Care, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Reports changes in patient conditions to responsible party and takes follow-up action as necessary.
- Performs basic nursing skills in a knowledgeable and competent manner that provides for continuity of care.
- Administers and documents medications/treatments as ordered by the physician and according to facility policies/procedures.
- Communicate patient/family concerns and initiate corrective action.
- Work on various Care Center wings with patient assignment as needed.
- Provide clinical supervision of LPNs, nursing assistants and volunteers.
What You Bring
- Minimum 1 year experience as Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan
- Current Michigan License
- Hospice experience preferred
Please note: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for staff within all Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities. This policy applies to Angela Hospice and our employees.